Friday, October 22, 2010

POCAHONTAS!

Here she is....Pocahontas may not be a "traditional" Disney Princess, but I think this is great to have a Disney "princess" movie character for every little girl, no matter what your skin or eye color.

I am part Native American...and when I was younger and had SUPER long hair people would joke and call me Pocahontas! Here's a picture to show you my hair!
(I had done a little highlighting on my hair at home! ha ha ha)

So here's our Pocahontas look: (plus my favorite part of this video is when my little Blaker walks in front of the camera...well really all you see is the top of his hair, but for some reason I think it's hilarious!

POCAHONTAS HAIR: I just used clip-in hair extension pieces to make my hair look longer...

Face Make-Up: L'Oreal TruMatch foundation in a couple shades that are much darker than my skin tone right now. (I'm very pale right now...I need to get some Vitamin D from the sunshine! ha ha ha)

To Conceal: I used the LISE WATIER concealer wheel.

I used BLUNT from MAC to contour.

LIPS: I used 7C Aqua lipliner from Make-Up Forever, Exposed from Tarte, and Subculture lipliner form MAC. You can use any brown or peach combinations that you have.

EYES: cream black liner (Make-Up Forever AQUA BLACK) and a black eyeliner (Smolder from MAC) and black eyeshadow (CARBON from MAC)

LASHES: I used L'Oreal Extend Tubes, then I used the Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara to show how to apply your mascara to the side to get a more almond-shaped eye.

The necklace is my own that I got at a pow wow, and the feather earring I got from Cardi Beutler...I just blogged about the feather earring a couple days ago, so just go back a few blog posts and you can find her info!

So let's go have some more make-up fun...sit back and enjoy:



huge love....your "pocahontas-for-the-day"..kandee