Tuesday, December 21, 2010

How to make your Great Grandma Hot for the Holidays!

WHO: this is my great gramma Viola (but we call her Gramma Vi)...she loves crocheting, making tortillas and Chuck Norris (she loves Walker Texas Ranger)...she really like coffee from Starbucks...and bacon.

She will be 91 after Christmas on her birthday!

I love her so much...she is so positive and happy all the time, no matter what! My favorite is when I would call her and ask her, "Grammy, how are you?" and she would say, "oh, still breathing!"... ha ha ha

WHAT: so my mom put on my super-big-cat-eye glasses as we found them packing...and then she said, "I have to go show Gramma! She'll love these!"....she did!!!

We decided that we should do a make-up make-over tutorial on gramma!! Wouldn't that be fun!?! Let me know what you think? I think it would be so awesome to make over my grammy!

She has had a very rough life, needing to leave school to take care of her 11 brothers and sisters...from being beaten by her first husband, thrown out of a moving car by him, he cheated on her, then he died in a motorcycle accident, being a single mom...she was a real life Rosie the Riveter (she would built the sites for the guns in World War II)...til she met my Grampa (who I loved so much, but is waiting in heaven for us)...and nothing has ever gotten her down or sad...she always says, "It could be worse!"...and no matter what everyday, she says, "Thank you my Jesus!" for letting her breathe and see the wind in the leaves of the trees!

Word of the day from gramma: It doesn't pay to get old! ha ha ha

OH...you can click here to see how "fancy" I looked moving yesterday...ha ha ha...I know a tutorial is on it's way...ha ha ha ha: www.kandeeland.com

from the great grand daughter......kandee