Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Before & After: the power of make-up

I am a "before and after" fan! I love the before and afters of almost anything! I like re-doing furniture and clothes because I love transformation!!! I wish I had before and afters of all the people I've put make-up on over the years! My favorite are not just the celebrities, because they are used to looking amazing, but the everyday people that get to see themselves look entirely different!

At the Glaminar in London, I did a pin-up look on one of the girls who volunteered to be a model, adn had no make-up on. People kept asking to take her picture, and she said she kept looking in the mirror because she couldn't believe that was her! She couldn't wait to get home and show her little 3 year old boy. She said "It's mummy!", so he would know it was still her, and all afternoon he kept running up and saying, "Hi Mummy, it's me!"...because he thought he looked different too! ha ha ha

I wanted to do a video...not so much a tutorial, but a video that will quickly show the power of making. Make-up can really transform a face! This is what has fascinated me with make-up for years. It is an art and truly like creating a painting...you carefully accentuate, shade, add highlight and shadows to bring a face "to life"!
Now, most days, if you were to see me, you will find me without any make-up on at all! But there is something relaxing about putting my make-up on for me. And I always feel prettier and way more glammy-rous after I've put my make-up on!

So sit back and enjoy the "power of make-up"....
huge love and make-up fun.....your kandee

(CLICK the lower right hand corner of the video to watch larger)