Thursday, November 4, 2010

I need a WAY OUT!!!!!

Get me outta here!

We all have days that we want “out” of. Whether your heart is breaking, your depressed, sad, hurt...frustrated or overwhelmed....believe me, I understand.

I am human. I am real. I cry. I get sad....I want you to know I go through all the things you do and are you are going through!

Last night I definitely washed my heart with tears.  And as I cried, I could feel my heart trying to mend itself....and as more tears fell...and my nose got stuffed up....I felt all of me melt.

Sometimes things in our lives feel so far from perfect. So imperfect, that our hearts long for things to be so right. We may feel like our lives are far away from the “perfect lives” we see on tv or in movies.

I’m here to to say: It’s ok, we are real, our feelings are real. That’s what makes us beautiful. Real is beautiful.

The sad part is “reality tv” is one of the most fake things around. Producers create fake scenes, they set up scenarios and conversations for people to have, “to look real”. Believe me I have friends who have been on reality shows, have created reality show, and I have done make-up on reality shows. The only thing real about those shows is that they are “REAL fake”! ha ha ha

I want you to know that if tears have been running down your face....”tears are rain for your heart that just bring out rainbows and flowers in your soul”...Even though you may have tears at night, you can dance and sing in the morning with a new day, filled with new hope....new smiles....new songs of happiness!

When you have a “Get Me Outta Here Day”:

love yourself- be kind, and tell yourself it’s ok....
rest- sleep restores and refreshes our mind to deal with all the “problems” in our lives
give yourself permission to be imperfect- some of the most amazing people I’ve ever known were ones that had lives that were FAR from perfect
if tears are falling- let them fall, let your mascara get all messed up (ha ha ha)...release all that your heart is full with...
“talk in a can”- talk with can’s....”I can be happy”, “I can get through this”, I can be happy happy no matter how imperfect my life is”. “I can do it!!!!”

I have been in many moments that I thought I couldn’t take much more of...and in all those moments I said, “these things may seem too BIG for me, TOO much to handle, I can’t take anymore!”...
STOP....take a deep breath...say, “I’m ok....I am much stronger than I think. I can go through anything...and just like that broken shattered mirror that shines are sparkled more and more because of all it’s brokeness... we will shine and sparkle more!”

I will be that expert sailor, with all kinds of stories of awful storms I’ve been through...but you know what...just like an old wise sailor....I will be able to go through any storm and steer my little “life” boat though anything because I’ve navigated through some serious “troubled storms in my life!”

So the next time you need a way out.....know that it’s ok...I’ve been there with you....I was just there last night! ha ha ha ha

And as my gramma says: “Any day your above ground is a good day!”

huge love my precious hearts.....i hope you can feel the hug I’m sending to your heart right now!
huge love from a hotel right next to the Toronto airport....

We just got here....I ate some Werther's candies and now I'm sleepy.......
huge love.....kan-adian-dee (get it Canadian...ha ha ha)