Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oh loss, of a part of me!

my watch....finally gave out, actually the leather straps did, and I don't know where the watch face went....this was not just some ordinary watch...
When my grampa went to move into his "mansion" in heaven...
I asked if I could have his watch...
I had my friend make me a watch band~ the black leather cuff band with round silver studs,  and my friend put my grampa's watch face on the new band for me.
 look how short my hair was when I first started wearing my watch.... (my mama, sister, Tiffany, and me)
(it's kept time for me as I did make-up on tv shows like this one...with my mama too!)
(and as I worked on photoshoots...even if you can only see the side peeking out!)I have proudly worn that watch for almost 10 years. And whenever someone asked, I was proud to say that it was my grampa, Gabriel Rodgriguez's watch face that I got to wear. Whenever I was little and my mom needed a babysitter for us, we would always go to my gramma and grampa's (they were actually our great-grandparents)...
I have so many fun memories with them.
 I will save my little worn out watch...it has been a part of me for many years...but my Grandpa will always live on in my heart!
the leather was so "worn-in", it was as soft as butter....and just felt like part of my arm...you know the sign of something loved, because it's usually got "battle scars" and lots of wear and tear signs of being used all the time. Perfect isn't always the most beautiful....
just as in life...the things that have been beat up and been through hard things...are more beautiful and precious than something perfect!
and here's my "newer" watch,  still handcrafted by my friend....it is slowly growing in ranks of being beaten up by life so that it's softened! I will make new memories with this watch!

love and a timepiece... you kandee

oh CLICK here to see another measure of time....look at a big announcement for me on my "personal" bloggy:  www,kandeeland.com