Sunday, November 1, 2009

Afraid...


2 things I did do yesterday..and 1 thing i didn't:

dids:
1. drove around the Hollywood Hills (and saw them setting up a huge party with red carpet ropes and crazy swirley balloon sculptures....very fun...It was some celebrities house for sure!

2. met Dineh Mohajer...the awesome girl who created Hard Candy....she is so fun and funny...I want to live in her house...she has a huge white patio...that has a twirling staircase that goes up to a "patio" on the trees...love it...she made me a yummy tortilla wrap and we ate ice cream sandwiches...I had so much fun with her

didn'ts"
1. I did not dress up in any costume....or go out...but I had fun anyway!

other things I thought about:
Fear and being afraid are a huge part of Halloween...and a lot of people live with fear in their lives everyday...
afraid of being alone
of going after your dreams
of confronting people
afraid of going after your dreams
of being who you really are
telling people things
of going after things in your life
telling people how you feel
...so many other things...

fear is what makes you want to run away...
but we should..."do it afraid"...
if you're knees are shaking...plams are sweating....stomach feels all shakey...
do it with all those things....
I heard once, fear is F-false E-evidence A-appearing R-real....
don't let fear steal your confidence away...
be bold, be strong, be brave....and you will be so proud and amazed at yourself for standing up to your fear....
everytime I have I have been amazed at myself....
Instead of chickening out at a hair show many years ago...I forced myself to talk to 2 owners of famous salons....and big make-up artist...and they all offered me jobs or opportunities...all because I didn't chicken out...now I have faced more fearful situations than those...but it just takes you taking hold of your thoughts and saying....no, I can do this...don't let the "feeling" of fear stop you, and don't let fear steal away the victory in your life...
be bold, brave...and find out the wonders of your bold confidence...
David defeated Goliath...because he had faith...and belief...not fear!

Sending you brave thoughts and lots of love.....kandee