Monday, November 16, 2009

packing, planes, and patience


things I did yesterday:

1. booked a flight for a job
2. had not really any real time to pack...(we'll see what I end up with for an outfit?!?)
3. had a really good sushi dinner
4. saw that I am in the ELLE magazine (page 262 or something!! so excited!!!!!)..more on that when I can take a pic of it!!!
5. had a
semi-grumpy flight-stewardess (that as a boy)...make me check my Zuca bag full of make-up...(I never check that sucker....if all my make-up breaks...no bueno!)...it made it alright thanks to my ZUCA bag!
i love this thing!
the flight was delayed...and it reminded me how little patience, people have...
we want things faster all the time...
we want to have the fastest internet connection...
we want success faster than it takes...
we want relationships at the blink of an eye...
sometimes people give up when their dreams are coming true as fast as they want...
but patience grows by working at it in your heart...
nothing makes it happen faster the more you force it....
EXAMPLE: people try to force their dreams to happen so fast, and when they don't see the results they want...they give up! There is a season to things...just like you can't pick a piece of fruit from a tree when it isn't ripe! You need to be patient and wait. Trust me, there is a reason it all is happening the way it is. You are meant to enjoy and delight yourself on the process...while it's taking place. God knows the path of your future....the best opportunity in the world, might be 2 months away...and you want to give up now, because you can't wait! Wait for the wonder!

You can't speed up a relationship...you'll end up with the wrong person, just because you wanted to hurry it all up!

I have done this. Sometimes it's like driving on a curvy road, you can't see what's coming up ahead....and you're hungry, so you just pick the next McDonald's that you see....but if you would've been a little more patient...another curve ahead, and there was the best, cool restaurant ever!

I moved to LA, tried to get into acting...I was fatter than I am now...I had recently shaved my head...I was a single mom, trying to work in make-up, had a waitressing job in beverly hills...
I got a few auditions...a Simms commercial, and some other offers to host shows...and tinier than tiny parts in some tv shows and movies!
(this was my "headshot" from back then..courtesy of Marc Cartwright)
I wanted it to happen so bad...and fast!
I remember when I had to move back with my parents....I thought my dreams were over, forever! I was very sad and depressed a lot! Especially when I'd see my old LA friends doing really well, moving into the hollywood hills, going to cool places, traveling...blah blah blah...I would feel like such a failure!
But if my heart would've just rested in peaceful, happy patience...knowing that GOd longs to give us the desires of our hearts..and he knows what they are...he put them in us!

If anything....when anger or frustration build up today...whether it's because of traffic or not getting the results you want....breathe in the beauty of knowing that maybe this is saving you from something...or that the best thing is waiting for you patiently....and just enjoy each precious moment until your season is ripe for the picking!
typed with love...kandee
If I only would've know that this was the wrong season...that up ahead I would be standing in an airport and see my picture in an ELLE magazine!!!